IMAP Managed Account Industry Awards 2022
Recognising best in class for Managed Account Licensees, Innovators and Investment providers including a new category for ESG Portfolios
SUBMISSIONS NOW CLOSED FOR 2022
Managed Accounts are becoming more central to the way in which Licensees and Advisers implement their advice, and IMAP wants to ensure that best practice amongst investment managers and licensees is promoted and recognised.
The IMAP Managed Account Awards are selected by a panel of experienced investment professionals. They understand the portfolio construction and investment selection process through their experience on investment committees, in running managed account and fund portfolios and through their hands on involvement in the development of managed account portfolios.
Being a finalist, let alone a winner, in the IMAP Managed Accounts Awards brings with it the recognition of your peers that your processes and service to investors is regarded as high quality.
Success in the Awards will demonstrate to your staff, advisers and clients what it is that sets your services apart and you’ll have the logos and trophy to prove it.
As a winner, you’ll have the opportunity to be involved in IMAP events and conferences as a leading example of how managed accounts can be successfully integrated into advice practices
Enter in the IMAP AWARDS and be part of your industry ...
4 April 2022
4 April 2022
27 May 2022
30 May 2022
30 May 2022
21 July 2022
2 August 2022
INNOVATION & LICENSEE PRESENTATIONS
2 August 2022
Wednesday 24 August 2022 5pm Sydney time (optionally via Zoom)
The portfolio needs to be offered through a managed account structure with the following features:
- Recognised legal structure – registered MIS, MDA, IDPS Like, IDPS model, IMA and SMA
- Investments directly held by or on behalf of each investor i.e. not a pooled structure
- Model based
- Clear discretion held by the portfolio or investment manager
The portfolio needs to have a clear objective and a benchmark
Submissions which outline a related fund rather than a managed account structure will not be considered
If the managed account is operated entirely as an outsourced arrangement, it must be provided uniquely to the entrant.
Asset Class portfolios including ESG Portfolios:
Please note that for the Multi Asset Class and ESG Portfolio submissions, only Balanced Portfolios or equivalent “median client” portfolios should be submitted.
Judging will take into account:
- Performance over time periods of 1 and 3 years
- Risk measures including SD and Sharpe ratio
- Weighted average cost of investment both directly and considering the underlying investments
- Qualitative criteria including the resources available to the portfolio management organisation and the structure
- Investment Management structure and resourcing
Licensee Managed Account Portfolios
Please note that for the Licensee Managed Account Portfolio only Balanced Portfolios or equivalent “median client” portfolios should be submitted
The criteria applied to the Asset Class portfolios will apply, however, in addition the judges will consider
- The investment committee structure and resourcing
- The way in which the portfolios reflect the advice firm’s investment philosophy and appear to be integrated with it
- How the Managed Account Service fits with the client proposition
- Supporting materials, in particular the client and adviser communications about portfolio management and portfolio changes
This is a broad category which recognises those activities which have been designed to improve the:
- Operation and process of managed accounts
- Adoption by advisers and licensees
- Investment options
- Technology used to support managed accounts
- Other functions the judges think worthy of recognition as innovative
- Licensee Managed Account Portfolios
- Investment Asset Classes (Australian Equities / Australian Equities Small Cap / International Equities / Multi Asset / Australian Fixed Interest)
- ESG Portfolio
The easiest way is to highlight all the text and "copy and paste" it into a blank Word Document to prepare all your answers offline. Then simply paste your answers back into the on-line submission.
You will receive an email confirming your submission with a copy of all information submitted. Please note that there are different questions for each of the 4 types of Categories, select the correct category for your submission below:
- Investment Asset Classes
- ESG Portfolio
A presentation to the Judging panel may be required of Finalists in the Licensee and Innovation Categories(only) in the week commencing 1st August 2022.
You will be contacted by the IMAP Awards team if a Presentation is required from you.
HERE ARE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS ABOUT MAKING AN IMAP AWARD SUBMISSION
- What Legal Structures qualitfy?
The portfolio that you are entering in a category needs to be offered through a managed account structure with one of the following legal structures:
- registered Managed Investment Scheme (MIS)
- IDPS "like"
- IMA and SMA
- Should the Fees to be provided in the Data Submission Spreadsheet incl GST and RITC (Reduced Input Tax Credit)?
The Fees provided in your submission should include GST less RITC
- What is the process if judges are conflicted due to their affiliation with an organisation submitting an entry into the awards?
If an awards judge is affiliated with an organisation, they are excluded from scoring that entry. The average of the other judges' scores is used in place of their score.
If you are unsure then please contact the IMAP awards team on firstname.lastname@example.org
2022 IMAP Managed Account Awards
Terms & Conditions of Entry
We are delighted that you would like to participate in the 2022 IMAP Managed Account Awards (‘Awards’).
This document is our ‘Terms and Conditions’ (‘Terms’), and if you would like to enter and participate in the Awards, you will need to adhere to these Terms.
The Awards are conducted by the Institute of Managed Account Professionals Limited (ABN 57 125 794 274), of Balgowlah Heights, Sydney NSW 2000 (‘IMAP’, ‘we’, ‘us, ‘our’).
Any reference to ‘you’ or ‘your’ in these Terms includes you in your personal capacity, as a representative of the business, as well as your business being entered into and as a participant of the Awards.
Who can enter?
The IMAP Managed Account Awards recognise that different investment approaches mean different portfolio types. So, the Awards are open to:
- all legal structures – SMA / MIS, MDA, Wholesale MDA, IDPS, IDPS Like
- all investment types – direct stocks, managed funds, ETFS; and
- all portfolio managers – including investment managers, AFS Licensees / dealer groups and research house managed portfolios. This includes portfolios which are managed by a licensee but which are sub-advised by one or more investment managers or asset allocation specialists.
You need not be the Responsible entity, MDA Provider or IDPS Operator of the managed account portfolios to enter the Awards. However, you must disclose all the parties involved in advising on asset allocation, portfolio management or security selection or similar in the portfolios you enter.
In order to enter the Awards, you:
- Must comply with these Terms;
- Must hold an AFSL;
- May enter in your role as portfolio manager, investment manager or similar for one or more portfolios which are presented as Managed Accounts;
- Agree that the judges’ decision is final and will be arrived at using such assessment or methodology which they believe is appropriate to meeting the objectives of the Awards program and may include material or information in addition to the material you submit;
- Warrant to us that the information you provide is, to the best of your knowledge, accurate in all material respects; and
- Agree that we may request confirmation of any information you provide, for example in the form of reports or meeting minutes.
- Agree that material submitted after the deadline of 5.30pm on Friday 27th May 2022 will not be considered unless requested by the judges
- Agree that only submissions completed as per the instructions will be accepted
- Agree that only one submission per category will be allowed
- Agree that only balanced portfolios are to be submitted in the multi asset class and Licensee Managed Account portfolio category
- Data is to be supplied to IMAP in the template provided
- Agree that IMAP may provide your material to an external partner for quantitative assessment.
At our sole discretion, we reserve the right to declare your entry into the Awards ineligible, or disqualify your entry if:
- You have not complied with these Terms;
- Your entry form is incomplete;
- You are unable to represent or promote the Awards in an appropriate or satisfactory manner;
- The information you have submitted to us is misleading, false or provided unlawfully; or
- We have determined that you or your business are involved in conduct or activity that is fraudulent, illegal and/or may harm us and our reputation.
Privacy and Confidentiality
If you would like to access or correct the information that we hold about you, or wish to withdraw your consent to receive Awards material contact Jenny Phimleut at IMAP on E: email@example.com
All intellectual property rights related to the Awards, including the information and data we collect, belong to IMAP. This does not extend to any intellectual property rights you already owned prior to entering the Awards which remain your intellectual property. Any data or other material which you provide will only be used for the purpose of judging the Awards.
The judges may be subject to conflicts of interest and will tender declarations to that effect. Any affected judge will be excluded from consideration of the conflicted entrant.
You agree that we may use your logo and name in any material which promotes the Awards. You agree to allow us and the Sponsors to contact you to provide comments about the Awards, to take photos or video footage of you, your business and your representative(s), and use any of the material collected as part of your participation. If we do use any of the materials listed above, you grant us a royalty free license to use the materials for promotional purposes in relation to the Awards.
Use of the IMAP Managed Account Award Logo
If you are a winner of an Award, we will grant you a royalty free license to use the relevant trophy device for promotional purposes, so long as you use it in the form which we provide you.
If you are a finalist in an Award category, and you are an IMAP Subscriber as a Dealer Group / Licensee Subscriber or Corporate Subscriber as the case may be, we will grant you a royalty free license to use the relevant trophy device for promotional purposes, so long as you use it in the form which we provide you and so long as you are a financial subscriber to IMAP.
The small print
To the extent permitted by law, neither IMAP (including its officers, employees and agents) nor the judges will be liable for any loss (including indirect or consequential loss), damage or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the Awards and you explicitly waive all rights to any claim for any reason against IMAP, its officers, employees, agents or any of the judges. You will indemnify us and our officers, employees and agents including the judges against any loss or liability from any claim or action that arises as a result of a breach of these Terms by you, or use by you or IMAP or any other person entitled to be in possession of the materials or information supplied by you under these Terms.
By entering the Awards, you agree to submit to the laws of New South Wales, and the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that place and the courts of appeal from them.
If you have any questions on the Awards please contact Jenny Phimleut - IMAP Program Manager on
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +61 2 8003 4147
IMAP Events Team Contact Details for IMAP AWARDS 2022
Please contact the IMAP Event team with any queries:
If you have any queries please contact Jenny Phimleut Program Manager at the IMAP Awards team on E: email@example.com
Phone: +61 2 8003 4147